Did you get your flu shot?December 5, 2019
The Four Principles of Hand Awareness:
- WASH your hands with soap and water when they are dirty and BEFORE eating.
- DO NOT cough or sneeze into your hands – use your elbow or a tissue.
- Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are unavailable
- Above all, DO NOT put your fingers into your eyes, nose, or mouth.
Did you know:
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Using soap to wash hands is more effective than using water alone because the surfactants in the soap lift germs from the skin.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them. Germs can be transferred more easily to and from wet hands.
- Use hand sanitizer when you can’t use soap and water. Be aware that hand sanitizers do not get rid of all types of germs and may not be as effective when your hands are visibly dirty or greasy. Hand sanitizers may not remove harmful chemicals from hands like pesticides and heavy metals.
Overall, washing your hands with soap and water helps prevent you, your family, and your friends from getting sick!