Did You Know?
• Influenza is more serious than the common cold. It causes a fever, aching muscles, chills, headache, cough, fatigue, nasal congestion, and a sore throat.
• Influenza is not a stomach illness or “stomach flu” that causes nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
• Flu season goes from October to May. The best time to get the flu shot is before the season starts.
• The best way to protect yourself from getting influenza is by getting a flu shot.
• Frequent handwashing can also help protect you against the flu.
• A few people who get vaccinated may still get the flu, but it will be much milder and resolve more quickly than if they had not been vaccinated.
Visit your RAHS Health Clinic for your Flu Shot!
*We are open to all youth 21 years of age and younger. We accept insured and uninsured patients, regardless of the ability to pay. Insurance enrollment assistance is available. Contact 734-998-2163 for more information.