RAHS Vision ServicesThe RAHS Health Center at Ypsilanti Community High School provides eye exams for RAHS patients in Washtenaw County. An optometrist from the Kellogg Eye Center, Dr. Dewey, sees patients on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month during the school day. Our health centers arrange to transport students to the RAHS-YCHS location to access these services.
RAHS partners with the Kellogg Eye Center to provide vision services in Genesee County as well. Patients are seen on the RAHS Mobile Unit on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month. Patients first have their vision screened by a health center clinician, then are scheduled for a full eye exam if needed.
Services are available to youth 21 years old and younger from the community at large. As with all RAHS services, we accept both insured and uninsured patients with no out-of-pocket charges. RAHS vision services are intended for patients without insurance, or those who are not yet eligible for a new eye exam or glasses with their insurance.
Eye exams include dilation. Those patients who need glasses, or need a replacement pair, are provided glasses at no out-of-pocket cost. Patients typically receive their glasses 2 weeks after their eye exam.
2018-19 Vision Dates for Washtenaw County
- January 10 - Ypsilanti Community High / Community Vision Day
- January 24 - Scarlett Middle School / Community Vision Day
- February 14 - Ypsilanti Community Middle / Community Vision Day
- February 28 - Lincoln Middle School / Community Vision Day
- March 14 - Lincoln High School / Community Vision Day
- April 11 - Pathways to Success / Scarlett Middle School
- April 25 - Ypsilanti Community High / Community Vision Day
- May 9 - Ypsilanti Community Middle / Community Vision Day
- May 23 - Lincoln Middle & High Schools
- June 13 - Community Vision Day
2018-2019 Vision Dates for Genesee County
- Feb. 21 - Kearsley High School
- Mar. 7 - Richfield Public School Academy