Frequently Asked Questions

RAHS Appointments | Frequently Asked Questions

1How do I schedule an appointment?
You may schedule an appointment at a RAHS Health Center by walking in or calling to schedule. Appointment availability and times vary by location. Please see the list of school-based health centers.
2What should I bring to my appointment?
Please bring your child's health history information and your insurance card (if you have insurance). Some forms may be required for your appointment. All patients' parents/guardians will be asked to complete a RAHS Registration and Consent Form, if one is not on file. You may complete this prior to your appointment to save time. Patients requesting a sports physical will need to have a sports physical form completed at the time of their appointment. Patients requesting immunizations will need to have an official copy of their immunization record from their doctor's office or state records. They can be faxed to the RAHS Health Center in advance or brought in at the time of the appointment. Please note, school records are unofficial records and will not be accepted.
3When should I arrive for my appointment?
Please arrive 10 -15 minutes prior to your appointment time to ensure completion of any necessary paperwork.
4How long will my appointment take?
For new patients to the RAHS Health Center, physicals and immunization visits typically take one hour. For returning patients, some appointments may only take 15 minutes.
5My child has a physical scheduled. Will immunizations be given at that appointment?
Immunizations could be given at that appointment, as long as we have a consent form on file or a consent form is completed and brought to the appointment, and if vaccine is available. Please contact your health center for more information.
6I do not speak English very well. Can I get an Interpreter?
If you are more comfortable speaking a language other than English, or if you are Deaf or Hard of Hearing, please ask the RAHS Medical Assistant to schedule a Medical Interpreter when you make your next appointment.
7I would like a copy of my child's medical care records at the RAHS Health Center. How can I get this information?
Your child's medical record can be released to authorized parents or guardians upon completion of this Release of Information form. Completed forms may be submitted for processing:
  • Mail to Health Information Management, Release of Information Unit at 2901 Hubbard Road, Room 2722, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2435.
  • Faxed to Health Information Management, Release of Information Unit at (734) 936-8571.
  • Submitted in person Monday-Friday 8 AM - 5 PM at the location noted above.
8How old do I have to be to receive health services?
RAHS school-based health center provide physical and behavioral health care services to youth 21 years old and younger. You do not need to be a student at any school where a RAHS school-based health center is located in order to receive care.